Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Man's Life Must be a Straight Line of Motion

This weeks quote is still from Atlas Shrugged part II Chapter VIII "By Our Love" where Dagny is contemplating what it means having a purpose to create and produce. I think when it comes to our careers, finances, and family we can apply her thought process to our lives. One of the main themes of the book centers around working hard and human achievement, Rand herself said the theme is "the role of man's mind in existence." 

The following is an excerpts from Atlas Shrugged, © Copyright, 1957, by Ayn Rand.

"It is not proper for man's life to be a circle, she thought, or a strings of circles dropping off like zeros behind him—man's life must be a straight line of motion from goal to farther goal, each leading to the next and to a single growing sum, like a journey down the track of a railroad, from station to station..."

What I like about this is the thought of going from goal to goal. Life should be keep on a straight path, straying away from that next goal could lead you awry. Next thing you know you are back around to the beginning of the circle, making the same mistake(s) as before. No matter if it is finances' or a career, a circle is "completed and gone, leading to nowhere". Building a working path is about leaving nothing behind to die, each step should be stepping stone to the next day, next job, next career, so on and so on...

In my last post I touched on this a little, every job that I have had, has lead me to where I am right now. Hopefully what path I lay down today will lead to tomorrow and so on till the end of my days. I ask each of you to go and create that straight path today and tomorrow and the next day and keep on till you have reached that first goal, then that 2nd goal and so on...

If you liked this, read more posts of all the Quote's of the Week

Hope you have enjoyed? If so leave me a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment