Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Creative way to Settle Debt

I know I have been really down and gloom lately so I thought I would post something that was a little on the lighter side. Check out this viral email that was sent out last year. When I saw this I was laughing so hard I was crying. If I was the company I would have actually settle the debt based off his creativity. I believe that he actually sold the real drawing on ebay for around 10k, google it.

spiderdrawing_1
spiderdrawing2spiderdrawing3 spiderdrawing4spiderdrawing5

Even though this was only $234.00 some people get themselves into a pile of debt which they feel they will never be able to pay down. I think personally the best approach is the Dave Ramsey's method. Which is to pile up as much cash as you can and call up the debtor and settle with them. If it is an old debt, they will settle for anywhere between 25 cents to 50 cents on the dollar. Make sure you get a settlement officer in writing and keep it in your records forever. He also recommend never giving them access to your checking/saving account. For more information see The Dave Ramsey Show. Hope you enjoyed that as much as I did!

2 comments: